sexta-feira, 29 de dezembro de 2023

A árvore

Edward e Cheryl estavam caminhando enquanto a menina contava os últimos acontecimentos, até que ela parou de andar do nada. 

“There it is!” Cheryl falou alegre e com um sorriso no rosto. 

“What?” Edward perguntou confuso. 

“Our tree.” A menina tirou os olhos da árvore para fitar o namorado, com o sorriso ainda estampado. 

“Our tree? Do we have a tree?” Edward achava a cena um pouco cômica. 

“Well… I kinda made this tree our tree the other day.” Cheryl explicou se sentindo, de repente, envergonhada. 

“You did?”

“Yeah… I mean… I was with me friends the other day and we were smoking pot… just a little really, then I saw this tree and how beautiful it was and I was kinda mesmerised by it and then I noticed how it only had one fruit and I got really sad about it and then it hit us how everybody kinda doubts our love, just like they must doubt that this beautiful tree can give more than this one fruit. And that’s when I realised that that should be our tree. So I came back the next day and engraved our initials on it.” Cheryl se aproximou da árvore e tocou o tronco. “See? That’s our initials right there. It’s not really well done, but I really really tried… I tried because…” Ela abaixou o olhar. “Because I love you and I wanted to materialize that love... “ Cheryl bagunçou um pouco a terra com o chinelo. “And now that I’m saying it out loud everything sounds very weird.”

“I don’t think it’s weird. I think it’s very sweet.” Ele levantou o rosto da menina pelo queixo. “I love your randomness and I love you.” O inglês sorriu. 

“I love you too.” Ela sorriu de volta. 

Edward a beijou. 

“There’s one more thing.” Cheryl disse, quando o beijo chegou ao fim, lambendo os lábios. 

“What?” Edward riu. 

“Hold me phone.” Cheryl tirou o celular do bolso e entregou para o namorado. 

“What you’re doing?” Edward perguntou, mais uma vez confuso. 

“I put the thing there on top.” Cheryl apontou para o galho localizado na parte de cima da árvore. 

“Why?”

“So no one would take it.” Cheryl falou como se fosse óbvio. “Don’t worry I’m used to heights.”

“I’m sure you are, but let me take it for you.” Ele devolveu o celular para a menina. 

“I’m the one who put it there, ya know, in case you’re thinking I’ll fall.”

“I know. And what a great climber you are.” Ele deu três tapinhas no topo da cabeça dela. “But you’re not climbing this tree.”

“Fine.” Cheryl se deu por vencida. Ela se afastou um pouco da árvore e observou o namorado escalar, pegar uma caixinha de couro marrom e trazer de volta. 

“Here.” Ele estendeu a mão com a caixa para a Geordie. 

“Open it.” Cheryl instruiu. 

Edward puxou o zíper, deixando o papel dobrado da parte de dentro à mostra. O inglês abriu o papel, e Cheryl começou a explicar nervosamente o que era. 

“So, me psychologist the other day ask us to draw a happy moment… and I… I thought of us…. seeing the Christ for the first time together. I wasn’t able to ace any subject in school this year to gift you with me test, but I figured I could give this drawing, ya know… for you to keep it instead. I know it’s a bit childish...”

Edward analisou o desenho dos dois ao lado do Cristo, e achou o gesto adorável. 

“I don’t think it's childish at all, but babe, you’ve got something really wrong.” Ele falou olhando fixo para o papel. 

“What?” Cheryl olhou para o desenho confusa.  

“You made us the same height.” Edward brincou. 

“You’re not as tall as you think.” A menina implicou. 

“I’m not?” Ele abraçou a meninas, quase a engolindo com o abraço. 

“No.” Cheryl balançou a cabeça rindo. 

“You’re sure of that?” O inglês levantou a menina com facilidade, e andou com ela, até as costas da menina encostarem no tronco da árvore. 

“Well…” Cheryl fingiu ponderar. “I should’ve made you an inch or two taller than us.”

“An inch or two?” Edward aproximou o rosto do dela para beijá-la. 

“Yeah. Maybe three.” Cheryl respondeu, sentindo sua respiração pesar. 

“Three?” Ele arqueou as sobrancelhas, os lábios quase encostando nos dela. 

“A hundred. A thousand. Whatever you want, just kiss us, please.”

Edward obedeceu a menina e a beijou.

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário